There are things you put off when working on this car, things that are just a pain- in-the-ass to do. For any section of the car I was reassembling, I actually tried to start with the parts of that I dreaded the most. After they were done, the dread was gone, and that section of the car was down-hill from there.
Sometimes this did not work out. I’m down to the last few parts to put on the car, and the aluminum heat shield you see sitting on the trunk, has to go all the way up against the firewall. The air filter box has to come off (16 nuts and washers that are trying to fall into down into the carbs). Then you reach in between the gap of the engine cover and the rear window, twist your hand into an unnatural position, and holding a 13mm nut with two fingers, start it on a stud under the window – that you can not see. Oh yeah, you have to fit the heat shield in also. Anyway – it is in… not all that hard…should have done it first though.
After pulling off the air cleaner. I’ve taken this off so many times, I can get this off in 15 minutes now. That is fast.
After. It is actually harder than I described. There are three pipe clamps that hold a crossover pipe that go over the studs that hold the heat shield. They are springy and are trying to launch into the engine the nut you are putting on with two fingers on one hand - that you can not see.
The air cleaner with the Weber velocity stacks. This was worth it. I think this is art.
The rear view mirror. It was dirty on the inside. Now it is not.
I did not get a lot of photos installing the console… but this gives you the idea what is under all the levers and switches. Very 1970’s.
This is after I hooked up the cables to the heat and temperature levers.
This makes my head hurt to look at it, but it was not all that bad. By the way - EVERYthing works. I also put a new bulb in the console compartment.